Saturday, March 20, 2010

Getting to Jenna!!!

I left Casa Grande at 2:45 pm. I arrived in Horseshoe Bend at 4:15 am. What an incredible journey. I had plenty of time to spare in the Phoenix airport, I spent that time talking on the phone and reading my book. I really enjoyed my flight to SLC. When we landed in SLC I was a little nervous because I had only 25 minutes to catch the connecting flight to Boise. Myself, and a few of the other passengers around me, who were also headed to Boise, headed straight for the departure screens in the terminal. The 577 flight to Boise wasn't even posted. We all headed over to Customer Service where we were told that the 577 flight was still in Tulsa, Oklahoma. WHAT??? Yep, and it still had to stop in Denver, Colorado. They actually changed the airplane in Oklahoma after spending 4 hours trying to fix it. Then the got to Denver, and they had to de-ice the plane. Then, Southwest finally decided to just trade the planes out for a warm fresh plane that had just landed. No de-icing necessary. Then they were off. Flight 577 finally landed in SLC at 12:20 am. Slightly later than the scheduled 8:10 pm arrival. Anyway, I was all out of reading energy by the time we got on the plane headed for Boise, so I stretched out across a whole bench and fell asleep until the plane landed. Below are some pictures of my time in SLC.

A riding Vacuum... who'da Thunk? I was laughing because I WANT ONE!!!! Not that I have a ton of carpet to vacuum, I really don't, I just thought that it would be cool. I am almost certain that the man I was taking a picture of was slightly concerned about the CRAZY woman taking a picture. I was smiling as I walked away from him, hoping he wasn't concerned about INS.
The poor people waiting for flight 577. There were many more wandering the hospital, walking back and forth to different areas looking for food, and coffee.

Once we landed in Boise, I shook the cobwebs from my brain, and called Joie and dad who were patiently waiting for me. I lugged my suitcase off the baggage claim turntable, and headed out into the cold of the night. It is freakin' cold in Idaho. My blood isn't thick enough to handle the 30 degree nights here.

We headed to the Horseshoe Bend Homestead. We walked into the house, Dad pulling my green suitcase behind him. We stopped in the Guest Room, now Jenna's room. Complete with hospital bed and her fabulous t.v. Mom and Dad and one of their neighbors rearranged the house to accommodate the new living arrangement. Jenna was sleeping, but her t.v. was on, so Dad walked into her room, took off her glasses, took the remote, and kissed her head as he turned off the t.v. She opened her eyes, and said, Hi daddy. He said, "Night Jen." I said, "Hi sis." and her eyes opened a little bit more. She smile, and said, "Hi, Gikkers." I told her that I planned on spending alot of time sitting in that comfy reclining chair in her room. and Joie, well, Joie could just sit on the floor. Jenna laughed and said, "no, she can have the commode." We were laughing way to hard for 4:30 in the morning.

I have spent the morning with Jenna. She is currently in the comfy recliner and I in her hospital bed. She is taking a little nap. She looks good, and seams to be in good spirits. She can't walk. He legs give up on her, so Dad has to pick her up and move her from one place to another. They do a little dance to get Jenna's feet to shuffle where they need to be. Jenna is still eating, and she even gets Dad to put her in the wheel chair and roll her up to the table so we could have lunch together. Jenna has a wicked sense of humor. She always has fun things to say. Joie, mom and I were talking, and mom fell behind the conversation. When we caught mom up to speed, she said, "sorry, I have a little lag in my brain." I said, "you, I am the one who changed time-zones." and Jenna said, "Yep, she has Jenna Lag." I guess mom has gotten use to Jenna's morphine induced speed of SLOW!!! Us girls are having a lot of fun. I am so grateful I am able to be here and spend some time with my little sister.

I will keep posting, and keep everyone up to date on Jenna's condition.

2 comments:

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

I'm so glad you are there to spend time with Jenna and your parents!! And is Joie in town?!? How fun!! Take lots of pictures! I loved it up there and I wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks for updating Jennas blog-- I check it everyday! Love you guys!! xoxo

Tawna said...

Thanks for updating us. I am so glad to hear something. Have fun while you are there and take lots of pictures. How long will you be there? Love you lots! Give Jenna a hug for me!