Monday, June 28, 2010

Wow. What a week.

Well, we went to the ranch last week. It was so fun to have everyone there. ALL members of the Rob and Linda Walker family.......6 children, 4 spouses and 8 grandchildren! The ranch house was packed! We played horseshoes,mowed lawns,
bought a belt to fix one of the mowers, played on the swings, mowed more lawn,went to town to buy a different sized belt for the broken mower, went 4 wheeling, mowed more lawn, zipped down the zip line, trimmed edges, played cards, trimmed around buildings,returned all the belts for the mower, none would fit!...watched videos, filled the pond,took naps(me mostly),went exploring in the woods, played in the playhouse, and we did a lot of cooking, eating and cleaning! I came out of my room to eat some meals with everyone. Jon and Jerrod carried me and my wheelchair down the steps and into the "play ground" to watch when I felt well enough! Fun! Wonderful memories!

When we got home, it took me 3 days or longer to recover. During that time, Jon called me to tell me that his best friend, Will Packer passed away. I was devasted for my cousin Heidi Hale Packer. They have not been married long but had a great outlook on life and a great plan worked out for their future. Since I was on a ton of pain meds, I had not remembered Jon calling me or any of our conversation. A few days later I overheard my mom talking about it on the phone. Since I could not remember Jon's phone call it was to me like hearing it for the first time breaking my heart all over again.

I am jealous of Will being able to return Home before me! Heavenly Father must have really needed him to take him so quickly. For here I am....broken up, bruised and too often unable to do much of anything because of being in so much excruiating pain. I am ashamed of my feelings of jealousy and anger. I am also frustrated because I want to go so badly even knowing I would cause my family another funeral this summer season. I love my familiy. They mean so much to me. They have been an anchor to me, helping my testimony grow. I am thankful to know that families are forever and we will be together again.
with sincerity,and love,
jennalee

1 comment:

Kathy Badger said...

Jenna was an angel here on earth. Her words are an inspiriation and bring peace fo our souls. So glad I got to say hi and to let her know we love her before she was gone. She, and her words will be missed. Much love and prayers to you Aunt Linda & Unkie and the gang.