Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Extremely Odd Hour For a Post LOL

Yes it is not my normal time, but I am taking advantage of feeling good while I feel good. :)

Yesterday was almost a breaking point. I was so sick and tired of hurting that I didn't even take pain pills in the morning when I got up and just decided to hurt. My brain did a pretty good job at suppressing the pain, but when ever one of the nurses at MSTI asked how I was I just said I wasn't answering that question. I got a lot of sad looks from people.

Then Nick, one of the nurses came, sat down, and talked to me about what was going on. The tears I had been holding back just spilled over. I couldn't contain them anymore. I was so frustrated with my body. It can't fight like it used to. I feel like it has given up and when it hurts the most is when it drags me down to it's level and I start really feeling like I want to give up, call it quits. It is demoralizing. I don't like feeling that way and it aggravates me to do so. And then it aggravates me more because I don't have anyone around me that I can just cry into their shoulder and be comforted. When I start crying around here whoever is in sight starts crying and that just ruins the cry. :) I feel like I have to buck up and be strong for them so I never get a good cry unless I am alone and can't hurt anyone with my tears. That is why I am lonely. There are plenty of people to share my grief with, but I don't want to wallow. I want to be comforted and strengthened. That doesn't happen very often and when it does I can't get enough of it.

Sheesh. This is supposed to be an uplifting post. So much for that. :(

I want to thank Heavenly Father for my good days. I wish there were more and I think he does too. I am thankful that I have a day where I don't hurt, I want to go do something, I have things to do, and I have a good attitude. Not everything is perfect, but it is good and that is all that it needs to be for me now days.

I also want to thank those that offer their shoulders to cry on. I know it isn't easy for anyone to be around me especially during the bad times. I am thankful still and wish I could break down without caring, include more people into my grief zone (that sounds horrible, but I try to keep people out of that because it is horrible) and let more people buoy me up. God knows I could use it.

3 comments:

Ash + Dust said...

We all love you Jenna! You are amazing and I look forward to reading your blog everyday to see how you are. You don't have any idea how many people you uplift and inspire.

P.S. You can always call me for a good cry, but don't get mad if I cry too. I will try not to.

Niki Barber said...

So I have an idea for your boredom and loneliness. Call me tomorrow for the details! Love you buckets and heaps!!!
Nikkers

Debra said...

My Dear Jenna,

Thank you for your honesty,
your insights that enlarge my mind and spirit,
your sharing that fills me with compassion, admiration, humility, and gratitude,
my love for you that feels for you, expanding my heart in your good days and your bad.

I pray you may feel the love of so many who know and admire you, and that it will strengthen your spirit and bring you more moments of joy, comfort, and peace.

I love reading your blog. You have no idea what it does for people. You ARE so loved!

Aunt Debbi