Saturday, July 11, 2009

Late Night in San Fransisco!!

This will be short because I should soooo be asleep. I just wanted to post a little something to keep me in the habit and to make sure today is accounted for. :)

It was a great day. I hurt, but it was a great day. A day full of firsts (first toll booth, first check station for entering a state, first time in SF, first time in a "China Town" first time eating things and not wanting to know what I just ate, first time seeing Wicked, first time going down CRAZY streets, etc.). I am up this late because I am crazy for one and I had to take my chemistry final before noon tomorrow and we have more activities planned for tomorrow (Alcatraz and the Fisherman's Wharf) and so I needed to get it done tonight.

I am so excited and grateful to be here. I am so grateful for Jan and Dennis! They are awesome! They have given me an awesome culture shock by showing me around San Fransisco and it has been wonderful to spend some time with them. Some of my favorite memories from my teenage years are of family get togethers at their home with the Walker relatives. I love going and hearing stories about my dad and when he was growing up and stories about his parents. Since I never got to meet them I have an interest for getting to know them through others and it has been an adventure. Like today, for example, I learned that my grandma loved pickled pigs feet and she always kept a jar of them in the fridge. That is disgusting, but interesting all at the same time. lol

Crap. I really need to go I wake up in 4 hours. :( It is going to be a long, BUT FUN DAY!!! I will try to remember to post some pictures when I have some time. Love you all!

Jenna Lee

No comments: