Sunday, July 05, 2009

A Pretty Good Day After an Aweful Morning

This morning around 5:00am I woke up in a ton of pain. I had tried to stay off of Fentanyl patches because I don't like to be medicated, but that was a big mistake. Only I didn't realize it until five o'clock. I woke up and my whole right leg from my hip all the way to my ankle was throbbing with jabs of sharp pains. It was horrible. After the week that I have had, I was through. All I wanted to do was sleep, but I was in too much pain and I couldn't just ignore it.

Don't get me wrong about my week. It was great having Justin and Jerrod here, but I was chronically tired and I haven't been able to breath deeply for about a week and a half. That counts yawning, sneezing, laughing, crying, etc. Plus, I am very disappointed in the limited energy that I have. It really sucks.

It has been really difficult and I was through. I was past through. I was ready to call up Dr. Randall and tell him to take my leg off because it was good for nothing, but hurting! I told Mom that I didn't know if I could take 10 more weeks like this last one. 10 weeks is when Jordan comes home. A friend reminded me tonight that I can if it is God's will. He will help me through it if it is to be. Anyway, Mom medicated me pretty good, Luna snuggled into me, and I slept in 'til around 12:30pm. I felt better and so I dedicated myself to writing my stupid paper for criminal justice. I had decided that since I was feeling better, I had better take advantage of the opportunity and just do it. So that is what I did. I got 6 pages done and I have 2 more to go.

You know. The paper isn't all that stupid, it is just frustrating for me because it is slow work. But it was really interesting to read and write about the reasons our forefathers wanted to make sure we had certain writes. Why it was important to them. It was really cool especially since today is the 4th of July. It made me realize what they went through and that I really don't think about the freedoms that I have that have been fought over since the dawn of our country. I really take them for granted.

It is a shame that in our country there are too many people like me who are not passionate about freedoms and just sit around while our country goes to pot. Our Forefathers must be rolling in their grave! They gave us a great gift and we have just let it be trashed and then sit complaining it is trashed, but don't do anything about it. It is even more of a shame that we as a country make fun of or disregard those that are passionate and want to do something to turn this country around. It just astounded me and made me a little ashamed of my idleness, not that I have much energy to do something about it. But I wondered how many had those same thoughts as we celebrated our country's birthday today?

After my six pages Mom, Dad, Joie and I went to go eat and see the fireworks that Horseshoe Bend put on. They were pretty good. The pictures don't do them justice. I wanted to make a video, but then my camera died. SAD! Anyway here are a few. Happy Birthday U.S. of A. and may we treat you better this year than we did the last!

Oh and this Fourth of July totally beat last years Fourth of July. Last year I was in the hospital for my bone marrow transplant. It was a pretty memorable night. :)

1 comment:

Kathy Badger said...

Wow! What a great example you are to us all, to feel so yucky and still determined to write a college paper, remind us of the value of this wonderful country and make me smile...all in ONE day!!! You are amazing! I sooo love looking at your blog and following your family, too.
We love you! Kathy