Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Crazy Day

Boy am I glad that I have been taught to kinda go with the flow and not stress over what I can't control. A couple of good things about having cancer.

Well. this last weekend, Mom contracted a flu or something. She had an achy body, fever, chills, and no energy. I think she slept most of today. Since she isn't feeling good, I have taken on the role of babysitting Kiaya, Whit, and Oakley. It is kinda stressful, but so far it has worked out fine. One of Jon and Brit's friends was able to watch the kids today so that I could go to Primary Children's Hospital for a lab draw and got to see a ton of people. Man. It is hard to get around that place with out running into someone who wants to talk. It is fun and I like it. It helps me feel good about myself. Regrettably, two of the most important people that I wanted to talk to either weren't there or our time was cut short. I left the hospital crying (after seeing Dr. Randall, which always makes me cry), telling myself that I couldn't play the role of "Cancer Patient" today. I had too many other roles to play, "Mom to three kids," "Nurse to Mom," and the "everything-is-okay Jenna."

On the way home, Jerrod called me and suggested that I bring the kids down to his house and we chill there for a couple of days. Mom has been worried about getting me and the kids sick so it sounded good to me. Plus I get help with the kids. I was already planning to come down anyway so that Jer and I could get some plans together for Vancouver so just a little altering needed to be done. I am so thankful for Jer and Er's offer. It really alleviated a lot of my stress. Now I just hope Mom gets better soon. I have plans to go out with friends this weekend and I really need the social boost before I go home.

Well. I need to get to bed. Love ya all.

Jenna Lee

1 comment:

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

Jenna!!! I just read your last few posts! I am so sad I missed out on the annual ranch trip! I don' even remember the last time I was there for the fair! It sounded like everyone had fun! I can't believe everything that happened... And SOglad everyone is ok! Especially Oakley! I can't believe she fell! How many years have we been going up there and that was the first time that happened! Wow!! So scary! Well, keep writing cause I love reading! I miss you!! Love you so much cuz!! xoxo