Thursday, June 11, 2009

What A Long Day Of Chemisty!!!

Well, today I tried to do some of my homework for Chemistry. On Monday, my teacher assigned two labs so I have been working on them throughout the week. Today was testing reaction rates of how fast it would take bleach to turn blue colored water clear. I spent about 5 hours on this lab and then decided it was taking so long I would make up some of my results. It was pretty ridiculous.
It took forever just by mixing bleach with the colored water, so when I found out I had to put it in an ice bath I just about lost it! When you cool the temperatures in a chemical reaction, it slows down the reaction. So instead of taking 13 minutes for 1 mL of bleach to turn 15 mL of colored water colorless, the cold temperatures made it take 1 hour and 10 minutes!!! And the experiment wanted me to do that TWO MORE TIMES!!! I said no way Jose and put down a couple of similar values. I was not happy and Nikki was about to deck me if I asked her if the solution still looked blue to her. Dad said that maybe it was not so much a Chemistry test as it was a Psychiatric test to see how far people will go before the go crazy! It was the most ridiculous experiment I have ever done. I have never had to spend a whole day on an experiment.
By the way, this is usually how Mom's kitchen looks on Mondays. That is when I get my experiments to do. :) Poor Mom, today I took over her kitchen, made it look like the garbage exploded, made it stink like bleach, and then she had to work around me to prepare dinner. She is was good sport about it though. lol
I was totally bummed because I really wanted to play with Nikki's kids because I hardly get to see them, but I need to stay focused on school too. It is a hard decision to make and I don't like making it! Yesterday I played a lot, so today I had to work to balance it out. Sad. :( Well, I have Chemo tomorrow, Thursday. Wish me luck! It shouldn't be too bad. Maybe I tell ya about it tomorrow if there isn't something more important to talk about. Night!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jenna! i didn't even know you had this blog! so im so glad i found it!! what a day of crazy experiments!! i don't have the patience you do!! holy cow.. anyway, you are keeping super busy with school! thats awesome!
love ya!