Monday, June 29, 2009

I am not sure what I am going to write, but I am sure it is going to be . . . .

Well, after a crapy weekend and having a sorrowful heart I really don't know what I am going to write. Last Saturday, I wanted to go up to Camp Glenwood with the stake Relief Society so that I could get some companionship from the women, get out of the house, and be lifted by the spirit in the classes that were taught. I wanted to really bad and I even had talked Mom and Joie into going with me. Only, I woke up on Saturday and could hardly breath I was in so much pain which I calmed myself down so I could, but then I realized that I couldn't go in the shape I was in so I started to cry because I am so frustrated on missing out on things because of stupid, good for nothing cancer, that, in my case, will never go away!!! So right now I just feel like doing more chemo is just prolonging my life for crappy days like this weekend: full of pain, full of not caring, full of frustration, and full of nothing! It is crappy!

I have not felt great since then (as you can tell) and haven't been able to focus on anything, but sleeping and I've become and expert in wasting time on the computer! Therefore I don't care about school because I don't feel well, I don't care that I am behind in school because I don't feel well, and I am frustrated that I DON'T CARE!!! I want to care about something because it is when you care about something that you find yourself enjoying life and actually living life. With my not caring, I have turned to World of Warcraft (because it doesn't hurt to play or do) which is a waste of time when other things can be getting done.

I need to remember the fun things that my family has planned though. I do look forward to that. I just wish it were sooner. . . or something. . . like maybe I felt great and there was no chance that I would be feeling crappy! Which will never happen. Sigh. I need to pull myself together though because I have eight pages to write for my Criminal Justice class and impossible research to do for it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

jenna you are such a strong daughter of god! you can do anything you put your mind to! I know I can't completley feel your pain but I know that if keep a positive attitude nothing can stand in your way! I love you girly! live everyday to the fullest and spend it with the ones you love. your the best! mwah! ps.. I bet I waste more time on the computer then you.. hhaaha

Colby and Steph Stringham said...

JENNA! I hate that I can tell you are sad. I wish we were closer so that I could take you away for a fun weekend. I am so sorry you had a crappy weekend. I don't know if it helps or not, but you are in my prayers every single day. I wish I could take it all away. I LOVE the quote you have on your blog... When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave the world wondering how the hell you did it!! You are THE person to do that. Keep smiling Jenna. You are stronger than anyone I know. If anyone can get through this, its totally YOU! I love you so much!!!!

Lynn Thornton said...

Jenna,

Greetings from cousin(?) Lynn Thornton from Hong Kong!

Remember me? Its been a long time since I have seen you, or your mom and dad, or anyone in your family... sadly. Given my long residence in Asia almost my entire life since my missionary days, I find that I dont really know the family there in the US as well as I should/would like to. Anyway, I just wanted you to know I read your blog in order to keep up with how your "journey" is going. What an incredible challenge. I read the last one when I was on a ferry from Hong Kong to China(I travel a lot in China...I recently started to work for Activision-Blizzard...you know, the Guitar Hero and World of Warcraft guys...thanks for playing! Haha!)Its kind of weird seeing a huge factory in China filled with Guitars(and now drums and soon a DJ Hero turntable/game and a Tony Hawk skate board game) being played/tested by hundreds of young Chinese workers at the same time who probably wonder "whats with these Americans anyway!?"

Just wanted to say Hi from Hong Kong and let you know Im trying to keep up...so keep the blogs coming....these days its the only way Im able to keep in touch with family it seems!

Luv, cuzin' Lynn from Hong Kong