Saturday, May 30, 2009

I know when I am tired. . .

I know when I am tired when I hurt all over. My right knee, ankle, hip (at the front and in back), my head, my eyes, my lower-back, my left wrist. . . need I go on? I haven't been very good to my body lately, especially since it needs sleep to rejuvenate and heal from my activities, or lack thereofe, during the day. I have had too many two or three o'clock in the mornings followed by waking up at eight or nine o'clock. That is why I can't get mad at anyone else when I am hurting because it is partially my own fault. Sometimes I wonder if I had taken better care of my body . . . sigh. It doesn't matter now. If I sat and stewed over the "what ifs" I would be totally miserable and full of sorrow because I would start believing that I have cancer and it is my own fault. "I didn't exercise enough." "I had horrible sleeping patterns as a teenager." (not much has changed on that point) "I didn't eat healthy." The truth is that none of these things has squat to do with my cancer. It wasn't anything I did or didn't do. I was just born with it and something triggered it into action. It pretty much sucks.

I am grateful, however, because I have learned so much about myself and what I really would like to do with my life. I have taken more interest in science. I now believe that if I had the time, I could do whatever I wanted in the biological sciences. That is my dream, to get enough schooling to try and help out in the fight against cancer. I want to figure out a way to eradicate it from the earth. Cancer is a horrible disease that affects everyone. It causes so much sorrow and sadly cancer goes unnoticed until a person is affected by it. Everyone thinks, "Cancer is for old people. I won't get cancer." That is what I thought anyway. And here I am . . . getting sick of hurting every night and not being able to accomplish what I wanted and hoped to do in my life.

It is amazing. I have never known what I have wanted to do with my life. Now that I know, I can't do anything about it. Now instead of going for my dream I have to settle for less. I am working on getting an Associates in General Science and it will be by and through the grace of God if I am able to do that. My advice to anyone: If you have a passion, dream, or goal for anything, don't be afraid of failing or the work that is required to achieve it. JUST GO AND DO. DON'T HESITATE. A person can only do that which they honestly try and if he/she will work hard anything is possible.

No comments: