Friday, May 15, 2009

Some of my days are just like everyone else's. :)


Today was a pretty good day. I started out not know what to do. Something I am sure everyone struggles with. lol. I chatted with our old foreign exchange student Pathomchai from Thailand. He had no suggestions and I wasn't about to ask Mom because I would have ended up cleaning. :) I was all on my own, by choice. I got sick of t.v. It is amazing at how sick of it I can get. Then I had an idea: Why not do some scripture study?! So I pulled out my LDS April Conference Ensign, downloaded the Saturday morning session, and found a nice place to study. My floor. :) Once I got started I realized that I should be doing this more often, instead of playing xBox games or watching t.v. I read President Eyring's talk on becoming provident temporally and spiritually. With they way things are going in my life I am more worried about being spiritually provident than temporally.

President Eyring talked about addictions and how we can willingly had over our freedom to our addictions. So I thought, "What are my addictions?" There wasn't anything serious like drugs (although there are some nice drugs out there), but I have decided that I am addicted to sleep. I have figured out these last three years of dealing with cancer that the less I am awake the less I have to be conciously aware that I am sick, bald, and, now, living with terminal cancer with no deadline. While sleeping does keep me sane, to a point, I think I abuse it too much.

Another of my addictions is going to LDS Institute of Religion classes. I love them. So much so that I graduated from the Institute in two years, spread out over time of course. I loved taking an hour or two out of my busy school schedule and calm things down a bit to study the gospel. I learned so much and I hope to continue taking classes even though I am a graduate.

My closing thought for tonight has to do with my cat, Luna, and my mom's dog, Jasper. Jasper loves to tease Luna, who is just a stick in the mud. :) She can't stand him. While I was studying, Jasper came up and started to tease Luna. When Luna had told him off and told him she had had enough he went and laid down next to her. I went over to Jasper and gave him kisses and then turned to Luna and did the same. Only Jasper followed me. While I was kissing Luna, so was Jasper. This kind of reminds me of bickering Kids and an understanding, loving Parent. When we fight amongst ourselves or hurt someone, He is there to comfort all hurting hearts and can even get a "Dog" to give kisses to a "Cat". I hope I learn from this and remember to have a little more charity in my heart.

No comments: