Sunday, May 24, 2009

Short and sweet.

I actually wrote that last post last night, but it wouldn't upload the picture so I waited to post it. Anyway, I am going to make this entry short and sweet. I am exhausted, run down, and achy.

I start off every semester telling my teachers that I am "a dedicated student to their class, but I am a terminal cancer patient without a deadline." I seem to think it is very funny and at the same time very, very true. Each teacher has told me that they are willing to do whatever they could to help me out during the semester. This semester is a little . . . special. I take careful consideration in choosing my teachers for my classes. I use a website, http://www.pickaprof.com/ to help in making my decisions. The website is a place where students can go and rate their professors and it give the percentage of A's, B's, C's, etc. There is also a feature that lets you write feed back on the professors. Anyway, in choosing my professors I used the website, but I was also drawn more to certain teachers. It turns out that when I told them that I was dying, but I don't have a timeline. . .yet. . .they both emailed me back and commended me on how I am spending my time. Here is what makes this semester special: one wrote me back and said he had a malignant brain tumor 11 years ago and the other wrote back that his wife is a four-time cancer survivor and for the last 10 years they have lived under the possible shadow of her being in the same boat that I am currently in.

When I got these emails I have broken down into tears in amazement at how He is looking out for me. I am truely blessed and now I am not so worried about my classes. It is amazing. I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father. I know that He is aware of each one of us and "pulls strings" to help us out in our lives before we even know that we need "strings pulled." It is remarkable to me and only strengthens my testimony that He loves each one of us. Something I was so sure of three or four years ago I can now say I have a sure knowlegde of it and I wouldn't dare to say otherwise. I am so thankful for Him and His spirit. The spirit speaks peace to my heart constantly. Everytime I quiet myself down and kick Satan out of my thoughts I can hear Him speaking peace to my heart. I know with assurity that I am where I need to be at this time, at this place, at this moment and thank the Lord, my God, for the love and peace He has given me to know that. Not only now, but in times past. May I remember those moments of peace, comfort, and love forever and ever.

Paintings:
“See!” By Grant
“Christ and Child”
By Danny Hahlbohm

No comments: