Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thanks Dr. Meeker for Your Words of Advice.

Dr. Meeker was the doctor that told me three years ago to take one day at a time and don't look into the future. When I did worry about what was coming then I would start to freak out, like the previous post. :) Today I am doing better. I still don't know how thing are going to work out, but I am more focused on just getting done what I can today and prioritizing my time more effectively for tomorrow. Now I am sleep deprived, exhausted, sore, and it takes me hours to get moving in the morning. :( But I am learning and trying to do things better so I can get to bed earlier. Tonight however is not one of those nights. :) Tonight, I do have a peace that is in me that I am grateful for. I am not as worried about my Chemistry class, which then floods over into not worrying about my Criminal Justice class. I now have a belief that everything will turn out as it should. YEAH!!!

For a closing note tonight I wish to talk about one thing I realized that a really missed a lot. I had the windows open in my room trying to cool it down. The wind blew in and I smelt something that reminded me of my Grandpa's Ranch in Star Valley, WY. Not only was I reminded of the physical place, but also some memories of the peace that I had once been able to find up there, and my grandmother and grandfather, and being a little kid when everything was easier and simpler. (Sigh.) I hoped that I wouldn't fall back into reality too quickly, but I did, like a brick. All I have to say is thank God for memories. They contain a sense of peace and love that we need to remember over and over and over; never forget.

No comments: