Monday, May 18, 2009

Why do I wait until the LAST MINUTE to do things??!!!

I really need to do this earlier than just as I am falling asleep or after I have taken pain meds. lol :)

Anyway, I was really busy on Saturday cleaning house with Joie and then running around HSB taking pictures and today I have paid a price for it. Totally worth it, but, man, my body aches! Mostly my lower back, but every now and then a nerve in my hips will pinch. So oxycodone is my friend right now.

The pictures that we took I have been wanting to take for a while now. A couple of years ago, I took a Family History class through the Boise State Institute where I learned about a website, http://www.findagrave.com/. It is a website where people can post information from cemeteries and post pictures of either the cemetery logs or the tombstones themselves. While in the class, I looked up what had been done for my local cemetery and a lot of information had been entered, but no pictures had been posted, which a lot of people like to have pictures to cite their work from. So I have been wanting to go up and take pictures of all the grave sites and post either the information, pictures or both. It turned out that the cemetery is bigger than I thought it was and doing this was a pretty ambitious goal. lol I think there are over 500 graves there. That is almost as many people there are living in the town of Horseshoe Bend!! It is a lot of work, but it is a great service for which I am happy to do and it is a lot of fun and very uplifting. There is an awesome spirit surrounding any sort of genealogy work. I love it!!

For closing: Another Joke, great for a Monday!!

No comments: